Blog Archive

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Proposal


 PROPOSAL

'What is a friend, a friend is two souls, dwelling in a single body' - Aristotle. Yes, Saima, my maid, is my friend. My film concept, purpose and idea, all revolves around this single sentence. I have always been amazed by the way she works all day long with a smile on her face, despite all the compromises she had to make all her life in order to support her family and I do not only admire her work, but also respect her for what she does.

Four years of my life all I have done is observe, now I finally have the chance and the privilege to make something out of my observations. And for me, there is no stepping back. I have decided to make my film on the particular subject, exactly the way it is, without any exaggeration and any extra-ordinary characteristics. I just want to see if I can make it look as simple and beautifully painful as it really is.

This topic provokes the artist inside me, and i am of full confidence to make good use of it. I feel children like Saima deserve to be filmed and acknowledged for what they do and they way they do it. I cannot think of another concept because my mind is totally and completely aroused by this one and i hope i do a good job while creating it as a media text.

No comments:

Post a Comment