Blog Archive

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Voice Over


VOICE OVER

Translation of the original Urdu version
I was nine, when my parents decided to keep me from going to school. And so, i stopped. I still remember that day. I was standing with my friends on the road, waiting for the buss, when i saw ma. I was happy, thinking she got off work early and came to pick me up so i wouldn't have to travel in the buss today. Little i knew, of why she came. She then bombarded the ugly truth to my face. "You cant go o school now, I got you a job" she said. I was too shocked to utter a word. And so I ended up here. Do not get me wrong, I love this place. Its my fifth year here now. Everyone's more than family. But even now when I'm all by myself, I cant help but say, I really miss school. I really miss studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment